Experiencing a car accident is a terrifying and overwhelming ordeal, especially when injuries are involved. In times like these, the seasoned car accident lawyers at Munley Law are prepared to stand by your side. Allow our dedicated team of auto accident attorneys to concentrate on securing the rightful compensation for you. Reach out by calling or chatting with us today, or simply use our online form to arrange a free consultation.
What Does a Car Accident Lawyer Do?
Once you've been through a car accident, figuring out your next move to secure compensation for your expenses can be perplexing. Recognizing that victims of auto accidents need to prioritize their mental and physical well-being, our personal injury lawyers are here to alleviate the burden. We understand that dealing with insurance companies and navigating court cases can be overwhelming.
Car Accident Lawyer
An adept car accident attorney can lift the weight off your shoulders by managing the intricacies of the insurance company and handling your claim. This allows you to concentrate on your recovery journey. Rest assured, our team of car accident attorneys is committed to fighting on your behalf to secure a fair settlement for your car accident claim.
Here's how our lawyers can assist you:
Investigate Your Car Accident
Our car wreck lawyer collaborates closely with investigators, law enforcement, and skilled reconstructionists, working diligently to unravel the intricacies of your accident. We go the extra mile to gather vital evidence, including photographs from the crash scene, witness statements, surveillance footage, cell phone records, and more.
Proving negligence is a crucial aspect of securing a favorable outcome in your case. Here are the four key elements our injury attorneys focus on:
Duty: In car accident cases, we establish that the defendant owed you a duty of care. This duty involves all drivers operating their vehicles in a reasonably careful manner and adhering to the rules of the road.
Breach: We demonstrate that the defendant breached their duty by either breaking the law or behaving recklessly. This breach is a pivotal point in establishing negligence.
Causation: We meticulously show that the defendant's actions directly led to the crash, resulting in the injuries you suffered. This connection is vital to establishing liability.
Damages: Finally, we build a case to prove that you endured both economic and non-economic damages due to the injuries sustained in the accident. This includes tangible financial losses as well as intangible harm.
By meticulously addressing each of these elements, our goal is to build a compelling case that not only elucidates the events of the accident but also establishes the negligence that contributed to your injuries. Trust in our commitment to fighting for your rights and securing the compensation you deserve.
Negotiating with the Insurance Company:
Our car crash lawyers at Munley Law Personal Injury Attorneys bring decades of experience to the table when dealing with insurance companies that often try to settle claims for less than what victims rightfully deserve. Rest assured, we will advocate on your behalf during negotiations, and no settlement offer will be accepted without your explicit consent.
Fight for You at Trial:
Should the defendant's insurance fail to agree to a fair settlement, we are fully prepared to take your case to trial. Our attorneys are seasoned courtroom advocates with the expertise to present your case persuasively before a jury.
Cost of Hiring a Car Accident Lawyer:
At Munley Law, we firmly believe in equal access to justice for everyone, regardless of income. Therefore, our auto accident lawyer does not charge a fee for our services unless we successfully win your case. We cover all upfront costs, ensuring you don't have to pay anything out of pocket. Our contingency fee, a percentage of the car accident settlement or verdict we secure for you, will never exceed the total amount awarded to you. If we cannot deliver results for your car accident case, you owe us nothing.
Recovering Damages for Your Car Accident:
Munley Law Personal Injury Attorneys assists car accident victims in filing personal injury lawsuits to obtain compensation for damages sustained in a crash. This compensation encompasses both economic and non-economic damages, including:
- Present and future medical bills
- Lost wages and earning capacity
- Rehabilitation and physical therapy
- Mental anguish and emotional distress
- Loss of enjoyment of daily activities
- Loss of consortium/loss of companionship
Additionally, we guide our clients in pursuing wrongful death claims against at-fault drivers, seeking justice for their loved ones and providing future security for their families.
What Causes Car Accidents?
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, motor vehicle accidents contribute to over 35,000 fatalities and countless injuries annually. It's a stark reality that virtually everyone may experience a car accident at least once in their lifetime. These accidents, stemming from various causes, predominantly result from human error. Key contributors include:
Visual, manual, or cognitive distractions, such as texting or adjusting the radio, are leading causes of accidents. Distracting technologies and roadside elements further compound the risk.
Fatigue impairs driving skills similarly to being under the influence of substances. Individuals driving late at night or for extended periods, like commercial and rideshare drivers, face heightened risks.
- Driving under the influence is responsible for about one-third of car accident fatalities, with over 10,000 deaths annually. Exceeding the legal blood alcohol concentration significantly impairs overall vehicle control.
Speeding and Aggressive Driving:
- Driving at excessive speeds or aggressively contributes significantly to fatal crashes. This includes both exceeding speed limits and driving unreasonably fast for prevailing conditions.
Poor Weather Conditions:
- Adverse weather amplifies accident risks. While most drivers adapt, negligent driving during poor conditions persists, increasing the likelihood of accidents.
To safeguard your claim after a car accident, consider the following steps:
- Obtain a copy of the accident report for crucial information.
- Notify your insurance company, even for minor accidents, to report injuries.
- Document all post-accident expenses, including medical bills, lost wages, and property damage.
- Attend all medical appointments to ensure proper treatment and assess the worth of your claim.
- Avoid accepting initial settlement offers without consulting a car accident lawyer.
Contact Munley Law Personal Injury Attorneys before engaging with the at-fault driver's insurance company. Our experienced attorneys, consistently recognized for excellence, will guide you through the legal process, ensuring you pay nothing out of pocket.
Frequently Asked Questions About Car Accidents:
Q: What is the Difference Between Full and Limited Tort?
- In Pennsylvania, tort options on your auto insurance policy determine your ability to sue for pain and suffering. Full tort allows broader compensation rights, while limited tort restricts claims but has exceptions.
Q: What if I was Partially at Fault for the Accident?
- Pennsylvania follows a modified comparative negligence rule. If less than 51% at fault, you can seek compensation, adjusted for your level of blame.
Q: Why is My Car Accident Settlement Taking So Long?
- Settlement duration depends on various factors, including insurance company responsiveness, injury severity, and case complexity. Tracking Code : 953330
Q: How Long Do I Have to File a Car Accident Claim?
- In Pennsylvania, you have two years from the date of injury to file a personal injury claim. Contact an attorney promptly after an accident to ensure timely filing.
For a free consultation with our Personal Injury Lawyers, contact Munley Law today through our online form or by phone. Our commitment to excellence ensures you receive the support you need during this challenging time.